Friday, July 16, 2010

ClearBox Connection to SQL Database

In previous section, I mentioned that I was not able to link it to SQL. But now, I am able to do so,

The problem lies in a few settings that you need to set before it could work with SQL.

Adding the SQL data source and creating a new realm with SQL queries is not enough to make it work with SQL. I've attached several screenshots below showing the settings that you need to set assuming that you have set the correct data source:


For testing purposes, I did login using a username and password that is stored is SQL. The authentication is successful. You won't be able to test authentication from SQL using client tool because it will keep on showing "connection error to host". So, you need to do it on the actual equipment and make use of online logging tool to know the settings that you need to set if there is an error.

I hope my simple guide would be something useful to you if you are using SQL database. I've spent about 1 - 2 months trying to connect clearbox to terminal server and SQL.

Finally, under the server setting, do check the box for unspecified mandatory/optional field. I don't know why. But, only if you check these 2 field, you will be able to authenticate using clearBox users or any other data source users.

No comments:

Post a Comment