Sunday, June 17, 2012

Programming Languages That I know

Hmm.. well.. In this post, I would like to remind myself of those languages that I know (regardless whether I am good at it or not) and those that I plan to learn on my own.

The languages that I currently know:

  1. C/C++ -  I am not really good at this. But I can perform when required. As of now, I have forgotten about it. But I will revise it again a few weeks before my degree.
  2. JAVA - Its the same as above.
  3. HTML - Its the same of above.
  4. Tcl - Tcl stands for Tool Command Language. Its a scripting language. As mentioned in wikipidea, it was created in 1988(2 years before I was born) by John Ousterhout while working at the University of California, Berkeley.  It is not a popular language among programmers. As such, it is quite rare to find someone whom knows Tcl. I learnt this on my own. It was not covered in SP. Well, I am not good at it. I only touched the surface as I was driven to learn it in order to complete my final year project. And I have to admit this. Among other languages that I have learnt so far, Tcl is a language that I enjoys learning. As of now, I am not going to touch Tcl. Maybe in future when I need it again.
  5. Javascript - Ok this one is also a scripting language. Trust me, I don't know much about this except that you can just google it when you need it to solve a problem.
Languages that I would like to learn by the end of 2012:
  1. PHP
  2. CSS
  3. Ruby On Rails (I would be happy if someone can give me this as my birthday present?LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment