Friday, November 11, 2011

Temporary Seperation

It was on 8th November 2011. As usual, I was having a day pack of schedules. But on that day, it was not an ordinary day. It was a historic day. Straight away after my training, I rushed back to my barrack, changed to my book out attire, grabber my bag, and immediately went to the main gate.

I was on my way back. I don't have much time. It was about 6pm. I needed to reach home before 7.30 pm. As I crossed the road to reach the bus stop which was about 50m away from me, I saw the bus '172' which I needed to take. As I was crossing the road, I was thinking whether or not shall I run or wait for another bus. Before I made the decision, my legs has started running towards the bus stop as fast as I could. I don't want to take the risk of being late. It was 6pm! There is a possibility of road jam. I can't afford to wait for another bus. I was sweating like mad. But I did not have the time to care about it. I have limited time.

I reached home at about 6.50pm. I quickly took a fast game dinner, took a shower, and performed my Maghrib prayer. Straight away grabbed a big heavy bag, and went down to take a taxi with my aunt. We took 2 taxis. One for my parents and my grandma. Another one for me and my aunt. At about 7.35pm, we were on our way to Changi Airport. As we were still on our journey, I started to imagine about my life after this. Who can I share my stories with other than my mum? Who will be there for me in front of the door when I come back home other than my mum? Who is going accompany me eating other than mum? Who is going to cook my favourite meal? Who is going to take care of me? As I was thinking about it, slowly, my eyes became watery. Oh no.. Don't..don't.. I can't drop my tears yet.. I am inside taxi with my aunt. I don't want to show my sadness.

We arrived at Changi Airport at about 8.05pm. As I reached the airport, straight away, I grabbed a trolley, put all the luggages.. I walked with my mum, followed her to put the luggages into cargo. I wanna spent as much time as I could with her. Their flight was at about 10.45pm. But I needed to go back at about 9pm because I had to reach my barrack at about 10pm.

At about 9.50pm, mum asked me, "Are you going back now?". As I heard that question, my eyes started to become watery. But I controlled it..I did not want to let it out yet. I answered, "No mum, I still have 10 more minutes". I don't know how to describe my feeling at that time.

At about 9pm, I shook and kissed my dad's hand. Hugged him, and wished the best for him. Then, I turned towards my mum. I hugged her very tightly till I could feel her heart beats.. At this point in time, I could not hold it any more. I let my tears out silently. I could feel her tears too. Mum told me this, "I am sorry for controlling you. Take care of yourself. Take care of your siblings. Fear god". I answered, "Mum. I am sorry for burdening you. I am truly sorry"..I love my mum.. love her so much.. we hugged each other tightly for a few minutes. There is a saying that says, "How fierce or manly a man is, he will still let it out when it comes to his loved ones".

I wiped my tears, I bent towards my youngest brother, Shakir. I told him, "Be a good boy and do not trouble mum". I looked at my dad for the last time. I turned around, and walked away with silent tears. Then I took a cab, and went back to the camp.

When I reached my barrack, my right eye feels pain. Probably because of too much crying? haha.. I don't know man. Two days after that, it became swollen and then I had to go to Medical Center to consult a doctor.

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment